R&D Study to Evaluate Cordio’s Usability and to Collect Patient Speech Utterances
To determine the usability and technical aspects of Cordio HearO™
Full Title of Study: “An Observational, Retrospective, Single-arm, Open US and Israel Study , for Usability Assessment and Algorithm, Development of the Cordio HearO™ Systeam”
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Retrospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: September 30, 2023
The system (including App and server) will be tested under simulated use conditions with representative users to identify potential changes required to the application user interface, to improve user performance and satisfaction, and to inform future design options. The recordings data will also be used for algorithm improvement
- Device: Cordio HearO
- Cordio HearO is a software medical device that remotely monitors Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) patients by detecting changes in the patients’ recorded voice relative to a baseline. The system is comprised of a mobile application (or “app”) that is deployed on a mobile platform, and a web-based portal that enables caregivers to manage their patients
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Patient Usability success defined as: 1.Total and individual usability score of ≥3 in the usability questionnaire in ≥80% of the users.
- Time Frame: 2 years
- The used scale is: Usability questionnaire for the Cordio HearO™ App. This Usability questionnaire is a subjective evaluation based on Likert score of device user satisfaction. Maximum value for each item: 5 Minimum value for each item: 1 Higher scores means a better outcome
- Patient Usability success defined as: 2. Total Compliance
- Time Frame: 2 Years
- The total compliance will be determined by the total number of recording days. Success will be considered if total average compliance of 70 % of all days.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
Major inclusion Criteria:
1. Adults patients 2. Diagnosed with Symptomatic Chronic Heart Failure [NYHA II-IVa (ambulatory)] 3. At least one of the following: 1. One ADHF hospitalization in the last 12 months 2. One unplanned IV/SC diuretic administration in the last 6 months 3. Two unplanned IV/SC diuretic administration in the last 12 months 4. NTProBNP >500 pg/ml or BNP*> 150 pg/ml at screening visit 4. Clinically stable HF 5. Willing to participate as evidenced by signing the written informed consent. 6. Male or non-pregnant female patient (pre-menopausal women will confirm verbally). Major exclusion Criteria:
1. Not able to read in Hebrew, Russian, Arabic, English and/or Spanish. 2. Unable to comply with daily use of the App 3. Major cardiovascular event 4. Had a Cardiac Resynchronization Device (CRT) implanted or upgrading ≤ 1 month prior to screening visit. 5. Has estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR) < 30 ml/min/1.73 meter square (Cockroft-Gault formula). 6. Is likely to undergo heart transplantation/ LVAD within 6 months of Screening Visit.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 22 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Cordio Medical
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Ronit Haviv, PhD, Study Director, Cordio Medical
- Overall Contact(s)
- Moran Elpaz, PhD, +972-3-5467163, Moran@cordio-med.com
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.