Multi-center Observational Study on the Progression of Atherosclerotic Plaques in Anti-PD-1 mAb Treated Tumor Patients by Artery Ultrasound Follow-up
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Retrospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: June 2022
This is a self-control, multi-center observational study. This study aims to evaluate the effectiveness of anti-PD-1 mAbs on atherosclerotic plaques in those anti-PD-1 mAbs treated patients. The method for quantification and evaluation of atherosclerotic plaques are based on the calculation of the plaque area of atherosclerotic plaques on the long axis direction of artery on the ultrasound images. By comparing the plaque areas at the same location of artery in each patient before and after anti-PD-1 mAbs treatments, to assess the progression of atherosclerotic plaques response to anti-PD-1 mAbs.
- Drug: PD-1 inhibitor
- dosage form: intravenous injection; frequency: 2-3 weeks; duration: at least 3 months
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Sizes of plaque areas at the same locations on artery ultrasound
- Time Frame: at least of 3 months after the first dosage of anti-PD-1 mAbs
- Comparison of the sizes of plaque areas at the same locations on artery ultrasound before and after anti-PD-1 mAbs treatments.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
1. The age is 18-90 years old (including 18 and 90 years old); 2. The subjects knew about the experiment and signed the informed consent voluntarily; 3. The subjects complicated with tumor diseases and atherosclerotic plaques; 4. The subjects received regular PD-1 inhibitor treatment; 5. The subjects had ultrasound images of atherosclerotic plaques before- and after- or during PD-1 blockade treatment at the two different timepoints; 6. The subjects received regular treatments of PD-1 inhibitor during the two timepoints of artery ultrasound examinations; 7. The subjects who had ultrasound images before the initiation of first-dose PD-1 inhibitor, the interval between these two timepoints should be restricted within 1 month; 8. The subjects who had ultrasound images after 3 months of PD-1 inhibitor treatment. Exclusion Criteria:
1. Subjects stop receiving PD-1 inhibitor treatments during follow-up; 2. Subjects are reluctant to continue to be involved in this study; Known pregnant and lactating women; 3. Plaque areas can not be calculated because of the quality of ultrasound image; 4. Other situations that the researchers judged were not suitable for inclusion.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 90 Years
- Lead Sponsor
- Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University
- Zhejiang Cancer Hospital
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Contact(s)
- Jianan Wang, MD, PhD, +86 0571 87784808, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.