The purpose of this study was to investigate cultural adaptation, reliability and validity of the Turkish version of the Headache Impact Questionnaire (HIQ).
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Prospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: September 1, 2022
The episodic nature of migraine attacks presents a number of difficulties in characterizing disease severity. There are differences in the severity, frequency and intensity of attacks and the general effect of the disease in individuals. Information about any particular attack is not sufficient to characterize the overall severity of the disease. Accordingly, the Headache Impact Questionnaire (HIQ) was developed to evaluate the headache experience over a period of time instead of any headache. Developed to measure the impact and quality of life of individuals suffering from headache, hıq evaluates the frequency and duration of headache, the degree of pain severity, daily life activities, disruptions in work or school life, the influence of the individual's leisure activities and other symptoms that may occur. HIQ consists of 16 items and the higher the score shows the seriousness of the impact. The study is planned with 80 individuals with complaint of headache. After questioning the sociodemographic characteristics of the individuals, the patients will be asked to fill in HIQ, Migraine Disability Assessment Questionnaire, Headache Impact Test-6 and Short Form-36.Test-retest will be re-applied to those of the same individuals who can be reached after 1 week. The results will be analyzed using the SPSS version 22.0 computer package program.
- Other: Survey study
- Headache Impact Questionnaire (HIQ) will be applied.
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Patients group
- Individuals with headache
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Headache Impact Questionnaire (HIQ)
- Time Frame: 15 minutes
- Headache Impact Questionnaire is designed to measure the quality of life related to the disability
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Diagnosed with any type of headache, – Have a chronic headache. Exclusion Criteria:
- Having a cognitive and neurological disorders.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 70 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Gazi University
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Halime ARIKAN, Research Assistant – Gazi University
- Overall Contact(s)
- Halime ARIKAN, MSc., 05465765132, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.