This study is a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, intervention study evaluating the effect of an aromatic botanical extract on overall respiratory health among otherwise healthy adults.
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Supportive Care
- Masking: Double (Participant, Care Provider)
- Study Primary Completion Date: August 31, 2020
After being informed about the study and providing informed consent, patients with respiratory complaints will be randomized into a double blind placebo controlled trial of the botanical extract.
- Dietary Supplement: Teramune Botanical Extract
- Combination blend of aromatic plant extracts in an emulsifier carrier.
- Other: Placebo
- Emulsifier carrier without active supplement ingredients.
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: Aromatic Extract
- Participants receive the aromatic botanical extract orally every 4-6 waking hours for 3 days.
- Placebo Comparator: Placebo
- Participants receive the placebo matching the botanical extract orally every 4-6 waking hours for 3 days.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Change from baseline on the 44-part Wisconsin Upper Respiratory Symptom Survey (WURSS-44) at day 3.
- Time Frame: Baseline and Day 3
- The Wisconsin Upper Respiratory Symptom Survey (WURSS-44) is a validated, self reported instrument assessing overall respiratory health. Possible scores range from 0 to 308 with lower scores indicating fewer respiratory complaints.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- age: 18-60 years
- currently experiencing respiratory symptoms
- otherwise healthy
- underlying respiratory conditions
- pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive
- tobacco use in the home
- allergies to any of the ingredients
Gender Eligibility: Female
self identify as female
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 60 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Franklin School of Integrative Health Sciences
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Jessie H Hawkins, PhD, Principal Investigator, Franklin School of Integrative Health Sciences
- Overall Contact(s)
- PI, 6152613116, email@example.com
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.