The clinical and derived data from the preoperative computed axial tomography (CT) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) of patients with pathological stage I pulmonary adenocarcinoma will be analyzed retrospectively, classified according to the current pathological classification IASLC / ATS / ERS of pulmonary adenocarcinoma, subjected to surgical treatment in our Operating Unit between August 2006 and July 2011. A follow-up will be performed on the patients enrolled in the study up to the date of death, and in any case no later than October 31, 2019
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Retrospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: January 31, 2020
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Stratification of stage I adenocarcinoma patients, using clinical data derived from preoperative CT and PET
- Time Frame: 12 months
- classify patients with pulmonary adenocarcinoma in stage I (retrospective cases) based on the current pathological classification IASLC / ATS / ERS of pulmonary adenocarcinoma using clinical data and derived from preoperative CT and PET
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- patients suffering from pulmonary adenocarcinoma in stage I underwent CT, PET and surgical treatment with radical intent, at San Raffale Hospital (thoracic surgery) between August 2006 and July 2011 Exclusion Criteria:
- primary pulmonary neoplasms other than adenocarcinoma; locally advanced or metastatic disease stage; non-radical resection.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- IRCCS San Raffaele
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Prof. Carretta Angelo, Principal Investigator – IRCCS San Raffaele
Khullar OV, Liu Y, Gillespie T, Higgins KA, Ramalingam S, Lipscomb J, Fernandez FG. Survival After Sublobar Resection versus Lobectomy for Clinical Stage IA Lung Cancer: An Analysis from the National Cancer Data Base. J Thorac Oncol. 2015 Nov;10(11):1625-33. doi: 10.1097/JTO.0000000000000664.
Citations Reporting on Results
Travis WD, Brambilla E, Nicholson AG, Yatabe Y, Austin JHM, Beasley MB, Chirieac LR, Dacic S, Duhig E, Flieder DB, Geisinger K, Hirsch FR, Ishikawa Y, Kerr KM, Noguchi M, Pelosi G, Powell CA, Tsao MS, Wistuba I; WHO Panel. The 2015 World Health Organization Classification of Lung Tumors: Impact of Genetic, Clinical and Radiologic Advances Since the 2004 Classification. J Thorac Oncol. 2015 Sep;10(9):1243-1260. doi: 10.1097/JTO.0000000000000630.
Tsutani Y, Miyata Y, Nakayama H, Okumura S, Adachi S, Yoshimura M, Okada M. Appropriate sublobar resection choice for ground glass opacity-dominant clinical stage IA lung adenocarcinoma: wedge resection or segmentectomy. Chest. 2014 Jan;145(1):66-71. doi: 10.1378/chest.13-1094.
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.