In this prospective study , a cohort of 58 eyes with congenital cataract from Wenzhou medical university was erolled.33 eyes with congenital cataract was after lensectomy and anterior vitrectomy as post-surger group, 26 eyes without cataract surgery as control group. The cytokines of MCP-1, VEGF, IL-1, IFN-γ, IL-1r,IL-4,IL-17, IL-2,IL-5,G-CSF,IL-12, IL-15 was evaluated
Full Title of Study: “Expression Profile of Inflammatory Cytokines in Congenital Cataract After Lensectomy and Anterior Vitrectomy”
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Prospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: February 12, 2017
Secondary IOL implantation in aphika children and lensectomy and anterior vitrectomy and primary IOL implantation in children with congenital cataract were both performed by the same surgeon(Z.Y.E) and videos were collected to review the capsular reconstruction condition and lens implantation position.
Aqueous humor (100-200 μl) was aspirated from each patient before the surgery. The research was to evaluate the relationship between the cytokine profile in aqueous humor and the state of capsule after Lensectomy and Anterior Vitrectomy.Aqueous humor was obtained , Human Magnetic Luminex Screening Assay was used to determine the aqueous humor levels of cytokines.
- Procedure: secondary IOL implantation
- reopened the fibrotic, closed capsular bag and achieve IOL placement
- Procedure: primary IOL implantation
- lensectomy and anterior vitrectomy and primary IOL implantation
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- SIOL group
- aphakic children diagnosed with congenital cataract who underwent secondary IOL implantation
- PIOL group
- children with congenital cataract who underwent lensectomy and anterior vitrectomy and primary IOL implantation
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- inflammatory cytokines
- Time Frame: before the surgery of secondary IOL implantation
- investigate inflammatory microenvironment changes in the aqueous of children after surgery.aqueous humor levels of cytokines, chemokines and growth factors including TGFβ2, TNF-α, IL-6, IP10, IL-10, MCP-1, VEGF, IL-1, IFN-γ, IL-1r,IL-4,IL-17, IL-2,IL-5,G-CSF,IL-12, IL-15.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
aphakic children diagnosed with congenital cataract who underwent secondary IOL implantation and children with congenital cataract who underwent lensectomy and anterior vitrectomy and primary IOL implantation
patients with mild cataracts do not require surgery
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 10 Months
Maximum Age: 72 Months
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- yin ying zhao
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Sponsor-Investigator: yin ying zhao, Clinical professor – Wenzhou Medical University
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.