The PRESTIGIO Registry is an Observational, prospective, multicentre study that includes patients, regularly followed by Italian Infectious Disease Centres, with HIV-1 infection and documented resistance to the 4 classes of antiretroviral drugs: nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI), non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTI), protease inhibitors (PI), and integrase inhibitors (INSTI). Main objective of this register is to evaluate in the study population: – the long-term effectiveness of different antiretroviral regimes; – evolution of the genotype and phenotypic susceptibility of antiretroviral drugs used in patients with virological failure; – mortality; – incidence of opportunistic AIDS-related infections and chronic conditions (comorbidity); – determinants of clinical outcomes including virological/immunological/inflammatory markers. – antiretroviral therapy (ART) compliance and health assessments; – drug-economy indications related to the clinical management of this complex sub-population.
Full Title of Study: “Registro Italiano Dei Pazienti Con Infezione da HIV-1 Con RESistenza Agli Inibitori Della Trascrittasi Inversa, Dell’InteGrasI e Della PrOteasi Virale (PRESTIGIO)”
- Study Type: Observational [Patient Registry]
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Prospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: March 31, 2020
The PRESTIGIO Register consists of a systematic and continuous collection of data on clinical, laboratory and treatment characteristics of patients with documented resistance to the 4 classes of antiretroviral drugs that meet the defined inclusion and exclusion criteria. All the clinical centres of Infectious Diseases of the different Italian regions can participate in the implementation of the Registry. Based on an analysis conducted on data collected in an AIFA register, established for the purpose of monitoring the use of dolutegravir (DTG) 50 mg Bis in Die (BID) and containing about 200 patients with the criteria specified in this protocol, the size currently conceivable for this register in Italy is about 300 patients. The collection of clinical information and biological samples will begin once the Ethics Committee of the participating centers has approved the participation in the registry and will continue for at least three years.
- Other: REGISTER CREATION
- Build a national registry of patients with HIV-1 infection and documented resistance to the 4 classes of antiretroviral drugs.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Collection of date to evaluate: – Long-term effectiveness of different ART; -comorbidity and mortality; – ART compliance and health assessments; – drug-economy indications related to the clinical management.
- Time Frame: each 1 year
- to evaluate the characteristics of the study population, will be carry out specific observational studies with the following collected data: demographic characteristics clinical characteristics (HIV transmission mode, pre-ART viral load, CD4+ nadir, co-infection with hepatitis B and C viruses and previous treatments, previous AIDS events); lifestyle factors comorbidity (cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, liver disease, fractures and osteoporosis, cognitive dysfunction, COPD, sexually transmitted diseases); antiretroviral and concomitant drugs; adherence to antiretroviral therapy; Laboratory parameters: CD4, CD8, HIV-RNA, lipids, glucose, liver and kidney parameters; resistance tests for INSTI, NRTI, NNRTI, PI; the historical genotypes (resistance and viral tropism) any hospitalizations; death.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- subjects with HIV-1 infection; – age >14 years; – documented resistance to the 4 classes of antiretroviral drugs (NRTI, NNRTI, PI, INI), defined as resistance (at least intermediate) to at least one of the drugs in each class according to the Stanford algorithm. Resistance can be documented either at the time of inclusion in the study or previously documented throughout the patient's therapeutic history. Exclusion Criteria:
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 14 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Castagna Antonella
- ViiV Healthcare
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Sponsor-Investigator: Castagna Antonella, Sponsor and Principal Investigator – Ospedale San Raffaele
- Overall Official(s)
- Antonella Castagna, Principal Investigator, San Raffaele
- Overall Contact(s)
- Antonella Castagna, 0226437934, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.