The aim of the study is to investigate reliability, validity, of the Glittre ADL Test in children with Asthma.
Full Title of Study: “The Validity and Reliability of the ADL-Glittre Test as a Measure of Functional Capacity in Children With Asthma”
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
- Study Primary Completion Date: June 30, 2019
The TGlittre-P is an adaptation of the TGlittre test for pediatric patients. It consists of completing a circuit while carrying a backpack with a variable weight of 0.5 kg to 2.5 kg, according to the child´s age and sex. This weight range follows the guidelines of the World Health Organization, which states that the younger the female child is, the lighter the backpack should be, in order to assure the school children´s health condition. The following tasks should be carried out; from a sitting position, the child stands up and walks along a 10m-long flat course, going up and down a 2-step rise (17 cm high x 27 cm wide) about halfway along that distance, to reach a bookshelf with three 0.5 kg objects (i.e. colorful plastic bowling pins filled with sand). The objects are placed on the top shelf at eye level, which should be removed, one by one, to the lower shelf at the level of the umbilicus, and then to the ground. Next, the objects should be placed on the lower shelf and then back to the top shelf. The child walks back along the same route. (S)he sits down, stands up and immediately starts the next lap. The following verbal instructions are given during the test: "sit" and "stand." The time required to walk five laps is registered; the less the time spent, the better the performance is. The test performance was evaluated by comparing the patient´s data with the data predicted by the equation, in his study with healthy children. The equation for girls is "time in TGlittre-P = 3.781-0.083 x AGE"; and boys, "time in TGlittre-P = 4.025-0.123 x AGE".
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Glittre ADL test
- Time Frame: 15 minutes
- Functional test
- Six Minute Walk Test
- Time Frame: 10 mimutes
- Exercise Test
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Children and adolescents aged 6-14 years with a diagnosis of Asthma
- Task-oriented and co-operative patients without any musculoskeletal, rheumatic, neurological, hearing and visual diseases and without pulmonary exacerbation at the time of data collection will be included in this study.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 6 Years
Maximum Age: 14 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Gazi University
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Muserrefe Nur Keles, PhD, PT, Research Assistant – Gazi University
- Overall Official(s)
- Müşerrefe N Keleş, Principal Investigator, Gazi University
- Overall Contact(s)
- Müşerrefe N Keleş, PhD, 03122162643, email@example.com
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.