Outpatients with at least one dispensing record of any medication will be included in the study. An index date will be assigned to each participant and prescription records for anticholinergics will be used in the study.
Full Title of Study: “A Retrospective Database Analysis of Anticholinergic Burden Among the Elderly With and Without Overactive Bladder in Australia and South Korea”
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Retrospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: May 31, 2022
- Other: Non-Interventional
- Overview of anticholinergic burden, rather than to evaluate specific drugs
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Subjects With Overactive Bladder Treatment
- Subjects who have dispensing records for treatment of overactive bladder will be included
- Subjects Without Overactive Bladder Treatment
- Subjects who do not have dispensing records for treatment of overactive bladder will be included
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Anticholinergic Cognitive Burden (ACB) score
- Time Frame: 100 days
- ACB will be calculated based on methodology from Campbell et al (2016). Sum (Drug A #days prescribed X ACB scale score) + (Drug B #days prescribed X ACB scale score) + (Drug X…)/Number of days with any medication prescribed. The cumulative score has a range from 0 to infinity, with higher values indicating a higher cumulative anticholinergic burden of the patient.
- Median percentage of ACB score derived from overactive bladder (OAB) treatment(s) in total ACB score
- Time Frame: 100 days
- The attribution of antimuscarinics for OAB treatment to entire anticholinergic exposures in OAB patients.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Have at least one dispensing of any medication between January 22, 2016 and December 31, 2016. Exclusion Criteria:
- Participants who do not have a complete year of data availability in the database prior to index date. – Have record of hospitalization on the index date.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 65 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Astellas Pharma Singapore Pte. Ltd.
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Central Contact, Study Director, Astellas Pharma Global Development, Inc.
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.