This study will evaluate efficacy and safety of Toripalimab Injection (JS001) as a Neoadjuvant Therapy in patients with Resectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) or Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma (ICC)
Full Title of Study: “A Phase Ib/II, Open-Label, Single-Center, Single-Arm Study Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of Toripalimab Injection (JS001) as a Neoadjuvant Therapy for Patients With Resectable Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) or Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma (ICC)”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: N/A
- Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: November 28, 2021
- Biological: TORIPALIMAB INJECTION(JS001 )
- During the neoadjuvant period, the patients will receive a single JS001 intravenous infusion of 480 mg . After the operation, the patients wil receive JS001 240 mg Q3W.
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: Group A
- Group A:TORIPALIMAB 240mg ,Q3W, up to 48 Weeks;
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Pathological response rate
- Time Frame: Up to 9 months
- assessed using the percentage of the non-viable cancer cells (necrotized or fibrotized) out of the surface expression of the total tumor area, which is: 100% – viable cancer cells %. If there are a number of tumors, then the mean value of the tumor percentages will be used.
- Time to operation
- Time Frame: Up to 8 months
- Used for assessment of the feasibility of the neoadjuvant therapy.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
1. Confirmed by histopathological or cytological examination;
2. The criteria for resectability is met
3. Has at least one evaluable lesion according to the RECIST 1.1 standard and has not received local treatment
1. Patients who previously received anti-programmed death receptor-1 (PD-1) antibody, anti-programmed death ligand-1 (PD-L1) antibody, anti-programmed death ligand-2 (PD-L2) antibody or anti-cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen-4 (CTLA-4) antibodies, including those who have participated in a JS001 clinical study;
2. Patients who previously received any TACE, radiofrequency ablation and other liver cancer treatments;
3. Patients with a history of gastroesophageal varices or active cardia ulcers associated with a high risk of bleeding;
4. Patients who have upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage within 1 year;
5. Patients known to have fibrous layer HCC, sarcomatoid HCC or mixed cholangiocarcinoma and HCC; Other protocol defined inclusion/exclusion criteria could apply
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 70 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Shanghai Junshi Bioscience Co., Ltd.
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Contact(s)
- Jia Fan, +86 13601669720, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.