The main objective is to assess long term tolerability and safety of treatment with oral nintedanib in patients with Progressive Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease (PF-ILD) who have complete (and did not prematurely discontinue trial medication in) the phase III parent trial, INBUILD® (trial 1199.247).
Full Title of Study: “An Open-label Extension Trial of the Long Term Safety of Nintedanib in Patients With Progressive Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease (PF-ILD)”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Non-Randomized
- Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: August 31, 2022
- Drug: Nintedanib
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: All subjects
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Incidence of overall adverse events over the course of this extension trial
- Time Frame: Up to 36 months
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Male or female patients who completed the INBUILD® trial as planned and who did not prematurely discontinue blinded treatment.
- Signed and dated written informed consent in accordance with ICH-GCP and local legislation prior to admission to the trial.
- Women of childbearing potential (WOCBP)1 must continue to use highly effective methods of birth control per ICH M3 (R2) that result in a low failure rate of less than 1% per year when used consistently and correctly, as well as one barrier method, for 28 days prior to and 3 months after nintedanib administration. A list of contraception methods meeting these criteria is provided in the patient information
- Any disease that may put the patient at risk when participating in this trial. Reconsider carefully all exclusion criteria of the INBUILD® trial. However, patients may qualify for participation even though exclusion criteria may have been met during the course of participation in INBUILD®, if the investigator's benefit-risk assessment remains favourable.
- Patients who must or wish to continue the intake of restricted medications or any drug considered likely to interfere with the safe conduct of the trial
- Patient not compliant in parent trial (INBUILD®), with trial medication or trial visits, according to investigator's judgement.
- Previous enrolment in this trial.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.