The mutation of STK11 has been regcognized to be the major cause of Peutz-Jeghers syndrome (PJS).The aim of this study was to confirm the mutation rate of gene associated with gastrointestinal malignancies,including STK11, APC,PMS1,et al. Furtherly, the investigators analyze the association of STK11 with gut microbiota.
Full Title of Study: “Molecular Typing and Precise Prevention and Treatment of Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Non-Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Supportive Care
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: September 1, 2021
All patients diagnosed as PJS were enrolled and accepted second generation gene sequencing with their blood specimens. Then all patients allocated into gene mutation group and no gene mutation group according to if the cases accompany with gene mutation of STK11.Also, health persons were enrolled and a case controlled study will be carried out.All patients and health persons accepted 16s rRNA sequencing with their feces specimens.
- Behavioral: Second generation sequencing
- Firstly, all Peutz-Jeghers patients accept second generation gene sequencing with their blood specimen
- Behavioral: 16s rRNA gene sequencing
- Secondly, All patients and Health persons accepted 16s rRNA gene sequencing with their feces specimen
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: Peutz-Jeghers patients
- All Peutz-Jeghers patients meet the clinical criteria
- Placebo Comparator: Health persons
- Those without Peutz-Jeghers syndrome
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Mutation of gene associated with Peutz-Jeghers syndrome
- Time Frame: 2 years
- Mutation of gene associated with Peutz-Jeghers syndrome, including STK11, APC,PMS1,PMS2 et al.
- Intestinal microbiota of patients with PJS
- Time Frame: 1year
- Identify the variation of intestinal microbiota of patients with PJS
Participating in This Clinical Trial
1. Subject with ages from 18-70 years old.
2. Subject diagnosed with Peutz-Jeughers syndrome.
3. Subject without hypertension, diabetes and other gastrointestinal diseases.
4. The consent form has been signed.
1. Subject is younger than 18 years or older than 70 years.
2. Subject with hypertension,diabetes and other gastrointestinal diseases.
3. Subject taken or adminstered medicine associated with digestive function during latest 1 month.
4. Pregnant women.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 5 Years
Maximum Age: 70 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Yiqi Du
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Sponsor-Investigator: Yiqi Du, Professor – Changhai Hospital
- Overall Official(s)
- Yiqi Du, Ph.D., Study Chair, Changhai Hospital
- Overall Contact(s)
- Yuxin Wang, Ph.D., 86-18721819083, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.