The objective of this study is to collect long-term safety information (i.e., for 5 years after treatment) associated with voretigene neparvovec-rzyl (vector and/or transgene), its subretinal injection procedure, the concomitant use of corticosteroids, or a combination of these procedures and products.
Full Title of Study: “A Post-Authorization, Multicenter, Longitudinal, Observational Safety Registry Study for Patients Treated With Voretigene Neparvovec in US”
- Study Type: Observational [Patient Registry]
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Other
- Study Primary Completion Date: June 2025
Voretigene neparvovec-rzyl is a gene therapy intended for use in individuals with confirmed biallelic RPE65 mutation-associated retinal dystrophy and viable retinal cells. Mutations in the RPE65 gene are associated with several clinical manifestations including nyctalopia, decreased visual field and decreased visual acuity. Voretigene neparvovec-rzyl uses a non-pathogenic recombinant adeno-associated virus vector serotype 2 (AAV2) to deliver cDNA encoding RPE65 protein to target cells in the retina. Voretigene neparvovec-rzyl is administered to each eye via subretinal injection. The administration of voretigene neparvovec-rzyl is recommended to be performed to each eye on separate days within a close interval. Prescribing information recommends an immunomodulatory regimen concomitant with administration, with the actual regimen dependent upon the dosing center.
This post authorization safety study will focus on further characterizing the long-term safety profile of voretigene neparvovec-rzyl in patients with RPE65 mutation-associated retinal dystrophy using an observational, longitudinal design.
- Biological: AAV2-hRPE65v2,voretigene neparvovec-rzyl
- Subretinal administration of gene therapy vector AAV2-hRPE65v2 (voretigene neparvovec-rzyl) to both eyes via surgical procedures on separate days.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Collection of all Adverse Events and Serious Adverse Events
- Time Frame: up to 5 years
- adverse events
- Collection of Pregnancy Outcomes
- Time Frame: Up to 5 years
- Follow pregnancy outcomes in participants (and female partners of male participants) who received voretigene neparvovec
Participating in This Clinical Trial
1. Received voretigene neparvovec-rzyl in at least one eye.
2. Signed informed consent/assent (when applicable). These are obtained as required under institutional policies and applicable laws and regulations unless a consent waiver is obtained from the Institutional Review Board (IRB)/Independent Ethics Committee (IEC).
1. Previously participated in, or are currently participating in, a Spark Therapeutics clinical trial and received voretigene neparvovec-rzyl in both eyes.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 12 Months
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Spark Therapeutics
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Clinical Ophthalmic Lead, Study Director, Spark Therapeutics
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.