This is a study to investigate the safety and efficacy of GX-188E administered IM plus local administration of GX-I7 or Imiquimod at cervix in subjects with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) 3.
Full Title of Study: “A Randomized, Open-label Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of GX-188E, a DNA Therapeutic Vaccine Administered Intramuscularly by Electroporation, With GX-I7 Intravaginal Application or Imiquimod Topical Application in HPV16 and/or 18 Positive Patients With CIN3.”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: October 2018
- Biological: GX-188E, GX-I7
- Experimental: 1mg of GX-188E administered IM using EP device 3 times and 3mg of GX-I7 administered in cervix 4 times.
- Biological: GX-188E, Imiquimod
- 1mg of GX-188E administered IM using EP device 3 times and 12.5mg of Imiquimod application at cervix 8 times.
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: GX-188E, GX-I7
- GX-188E + GX-I7
- Experimental: GX-188E, Imiquimod
- GX-188E + Imiquimod
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Ratio of subjects who have histopathological regression of cervical lesions to CIN 1 or less in HPV 16 or 18-associated CIN3 subjects.
- Time Frame: at week 20
- Ratio of subjects with clearance of HPV 16 or 18 and histopathological regression of cervical lesions to CIN 1 or less.
- Time Frame: at week 20, and week 36
- The change of cytology of uterine cervix compared to baseline.
- Time Frame: at screening, week 12, week 20, and week 36
- Flt-3L concentrations in blood samples.
- Time Frame: at week 14, week 20, and week 36.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
Gender Eligibility: Female
Minimum Age: 19 Years
Maximum Age: 50 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Seoul St. Mary’s Hospital
- Genexine, Inc.
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Jongsup Park, Professor – Seoul St. Mary’s Hospital
- Overall Contact(s)
- Jong-Sup Park, +82-2-2258-2724, email@example.com
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.