The aim of this study is to improve the definition of the two main types of secondary tricuspid regurgitation.
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Prospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: January 19, 2021
- Other: Moderate to severe tricuspid regurgitation (≥ 2/4) diagnosed with echocardiography in patients stabilized.
- Moderate to severe tricuspid regurgitation (≥ 2/4) diagnosed with echocardiography in patients stabilized.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Composite criteria : cardiovascular death or unscheduled hospitalizations due to cardiovascular event.
- Time Frame: through study completion, an average of 1 year
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Any patients ≥ 18 years old, with moderate to severe tricuspid regurgitation (≥ 2/4), agreeing to participate ;
- The patients included can be ambulatory patients or stabilized hospitalised patients (meaning patient clinicaly stable, not decompensated, and whose normovolemia has been checked).
- Non opposition of the patient
- Patient whose accoustic window is judged by the operator as incompatible with a precise evaluation of the tricuspid regurgitation or anatomy of the right cavity ;
- TR < grade 2 ;
- TR secondary to primary pulmonary hypertension or congenital cardiopathy ;
- Primary tricuspid regurgitation (due to rheumatic heart disease, medication – included benfluorex, due to endocarditis, valvular prolapse, carcinoid syndrom or a cardiac stimulation lead …) ;
- Significant left heart valvulopathy (Mitral regurgitation > grade 2, Aortic insufficiency > grade 2, Mitral stenosis < 2 cm², Aortic stenosis < 1.5 cm²). A valvulopathy sucessfully operated isn't considered as an exclusion criteria;
- Cardiopathy with significative systolic dysfunction (FE< 40%) ;
- Patients whose life expectantcy is less than 1 year due to a pathology independent of the TR (neoplasic process for example) ;
- Patient under judicial protection.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Rennes University Hospital
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Erwan DONAL, PhD, Principal Investigator, Rennes University Hospital
- Overall Contact(s)
- Kristell COAT, 2 99 28 25 55, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.