The purpose of this research is to determine if Ibis™, a digital therapeutics solution developed by Senscio Systems, reduces the emergency room visits and hospitalizations of patients with COPD.
Full Title of Study: “Impact of Ibis, a Digital Health Solution for Patient Activation and Early Intervention, on Acute Care Utilization by Patients With Advanced COPD”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Supportive Care
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: January 2018
- Behavioral: Digital Therapeutics
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: Digital Therapeutics
- Patients assigned to the digital therapeutics arm will receive Ibis and all the associate services.
- No Intervention: Control
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Reduction in Acute Care Utilization
- Time Frame: 6 months and then again at 1 year
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Gold Stage II with a CAT Score above 19
- Gold Stage III/IV with a CAT Score above 14
- Cognitive or physical impediments that inhibits patients from interacting with our digital therapeutics platform.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: N/A
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Senscio Systems
- Central Maine Medical Family
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.