Brief Summary: The investigators are registering all PD patients at recruited hospitals and developing a PD database in China. Patients will be followed up every 3 months, and both baseline and follow-up information will be collected and input into the registration system. The patient survival, technical survival, peritonitis rate, longitudinal changes of residual renal function and peritoneum function, and quality of life for PD patients, etc, will be compared using the PD database.
- Study Type: Observational [Patient Registry]
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Prospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: December 2026
Detailed Description: The investigators are registering all end stage renal disease (ESRD) patients receiving peritoneal dialysis (PD) treatment, and developing a PD database in China. Patients' demographic characteristics (including age, gender, height, weight, BMI, smoking, drinking, and education, etc), clinical characteristics (primary cause of ESRD, dialysis prescription, patient's condition and lab measurements of serum, urine, and dialysate), drug information, complications and scores of quality of life at the baseline will be collected. Patients will be followed up every 3 months. Demographic and clinical characteristics, complications, drug information of patients will be collected at each visit. The patients' clinical outcomes, such as mortality (including all-cause mortality and cardiovascular disease mortality), technical survival, kidney transplantation, transfer to hemodialysis, hospitalization, occurrence of peritonitis, etc. were also followed up till the end of the study. The data of patient survival, technical survival, peritonitis rate, hospitalization rate, clinical lab parameters, longitudinal changes of residual renal function and peritoneum function, peritonitis rate, hospitalization rate, clinical lab parameters and quality of life for PD patients will be analyzed using the PD database.
- Other: No intervention
- Registration of all PD patients in the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University and other hospitals，which have signed the contract in China.
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- PD patients
- End stage renal disease patients receiving peritoneal dialysis treatment
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Patient survival of PD patients
- Time Frame: 10 years
- Patient survival including all-cause and cardiovascular mortality.
- Technical survival of PD patients
- Time Frame: 10 years
Participating in This Clinical Trial
PD patients - Exclusion Criteria:
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Sun Yat-sen University
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Xue Qing Yu, Professor – Sun Yat-sen University
- Overall Official(s)
- Xueqing Yu, M.D. & Ph.D., Principal Investigator, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat-Sen University
- Overall Contact(s)
- Xueqing Yu, M.D. & Ph.D., 8620-87766335, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.