Will Tele-psychiatry be effective and acceptable to patients.
Full Title of Study: “Pilot to Assess Effectiveness of and Satisfaction With Brief Synchronous Tele-psychiatry Consult”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: N/A
- Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: June 14, 2017
This pilot aims to provide tele-psychiatry consults to patients at regional Mayo Clinic Florida primary care sites. The primary aim of this study is to assess the impact of brief tele-psychiatry consults on depression and anxiety outcomes for patients enrolled in complex care management; the secondary aim is to assess patient satisfaction with brief tele-psychiatry consults.
- Behavioral: Tele-psychiatry consult
- tele-psychiatry consult for evaluation and treatment recommendations
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: Telepsychiatry Consult
- One time tele-psychiatry consultation to provide treatment recommendations for patients primary care physician.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Depression Outcome
- Time Frame: 6 month
- Will measure depression outcome by measuring PHQ9 score at baseline and 6 months after initial tele-psychiatry consult.
- Anxiety Outcome
- Time Frame: 6 month
- Will measure Anxiety outcome by using GAD7 score at baseline and 6 months after initial tele-psychiatry consult.
- Patient satisfaction with tele-psychiatry consult
- Time Frame: baseline visit
- Assess patient satisfaction with tele-psychiatry consult at baseline visit by use of patient satisfaction questionnaire.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
1. Enrolled in complex care management
2. PHQ9 above 10 or GAD7 above 10.
1. Not able to provide informed consent
2. Severe cognitive impairments or sensory deficits
3. Not able to understand and speak English
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Mayo Clinic
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Mohit Chauhan, M.B.B.S., Senior Associate Consultant – Mayo Clinic
- Overall Official(s)
- Mohit Chauhan, Principal Investigator, Mayo Clinic
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.