Oral carvedilol administered in escalating doses in patients with atrial fibrillation among patients with AF with fast ventricular rate.
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: N/A
- Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: March 2002
Patients with AF with FVR of any etiology were evaluated and given escalating doses of oral carvedilol in doses – 3.125mg OD, then 3.125 bid, then 6.25mg bid, then 12.5mg bid. The ECG was recorded regularly and analysed for rate reduction or control.
- Drug: oral carvedilol
- oral carvedilol in escalating doses for reducing ventricular rate in AF patients
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: active arm
- single arm study with one group given oral carvedilol.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- reduction in ventricular rate in AF patients
- Time Frame: 24 hours
- reduction in ventricular rate in patients with AF and fast ventricular rate.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- AF with fast ventricular rate
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 80 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Andhra Medical College
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Ravi Venkatachelam Chitrapu, doctor – Andhra Medical College
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.