The purpose of this study is to explore the protein markers and to applicate those protein markers in syndrome diagnosis of hot-dampness and blood stasis syndrome in patients with RA.
Full Title of Study: “Screening Sensitive Protein Markers and Exploring Application in Syndrome Diagnosis of Hot-dampness and Blood Stasis Syndrome in Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis”
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
- Study Primary Completion Date: March 2017
RA is one of the main disabling diseases in nowadays, which is an autoimmune disease with complex networks mechanism involving multiple signaling pathways and existing cross path. The investigators consider that the "heat-dampness and blood stasis" syndrome is the main syndrome and major pathogenesis for active RA, which on the base of the theory of traditional Chinese medicine and a large quantity of clinical practice, and also examined by mechanism experiments. But the material basis of this syndrome is remained unclear, lack of high specific objective basis to ensure the syndrome differentiation consistency accurately in clinical practice. Proteomic techniques study cells or the body by all the protein expression and function, thus has the potential efficient for decoding syndrome biological basis. Proteomic techniques are the most effective way to reveal the essence of TCM syndrome. The investigators will use proteomic technology to explore the protein markers and to applicate those protein markers in syndrome diagnosis of hot-dampness and blood stasis syndrome in patients with RA. With strong clinical applicability, this will reveal the scientific connotation of this syndrome, preliminarily guide the syndrome differentiation.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- serum and saliva protein markers
- Time Frame: six hours
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Subjects are made or confirmed diagnosis according to the American College of Rheumatology criterion and "heat-dampness and blood stasis" syndrome according to Traditional Chinese Medicine. Exclusion Criteria:
1. Subjects have other serious diseases, such as liver and kidney disease, cerebral-cardio vascular diseases. 2. Subjects, who belong to "non-heat-dampness and blood stasis" syndrome, have double syndrome of heat or dampness.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 65 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Guang’anmen Hospital of China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences
- National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Juan Jiao, Attending physician – Guang’anmen Hospital of China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences
- Overall Official(s)
- Jiao Juan, Doctor, Principal Investigator, Guang’anmen Hospital of China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences
- Overall Contact(s)
- Jiao Juan, Doctor, 01088001030, email@example.com
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.