This is a Phase 1/2, open-label, multi-center, non-randomized, dose-escalation study to be conducted in two parts: the Dose Escalation Phase and the Dose Expansion Phase. The Dose Escalation Phase will determine the Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) and recommended Phase 2 dose(s) (RP2D) of PT-112 Injection and evaluate its safety and tolerability, and PK (pharmacokinetics). The Dose Escalation Phase and is no longer enrolling. The Dose Expansion Phase currently has two cohorts: one for the study of PT-112 in patients with thymoma and thymic carcinoma, and the second in the study of PT-112 in metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). Condition or disease: Advanced Solid Tumors; Thymoma and Thymic Carcinoma; Metastatic Castrate Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) Intervention/treatment: Drug: PT-112 Injection Phase: Phase 1/2
Full Title of Study: “A Phase 1, Open-Label, Dose-Escalation Study Evaluating the Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and Clinical Effects of Intravenously Administered PT-112 Injection in Subjects With Advanced Solid Tumors”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: N/A
- Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: July 1, 2021
This is a Phase 1/2, open-label, multi-center, non-randomized, dose-escalation study to be conducted in two parts: the Dose Escalation Phase, and the Dose Expansion Phase The Dose Escalation Phase is no longer enrolling. The Dose Expansion Phase is commencing in the study of PT-112 in metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
- Drug: PT-112 Injection
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: PT-112 injection
- PT-112 Injection, administered by intravenous infusion
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Determine the safety and tolerability, Dose Limiting Toxicity(ies) (DLT), Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD), and recommended Phase 2 dose(s) (RP2D)
- Time Frame: 28-day cycle
- The primary endpoint is to determine the safety profile and MTD of PT-112 Injection. Assessments will include drug exposure; characterization of DLTs; characterization of the type, incidence, severity, seriousness, and relationship to treatment of adverse events (AEs), and effects on vital signs and laboratory parameters.
- Assess the pharmacokinetic (PK) profile
- Time Frame: First 28-day cycle
- PK (pharmacokinetic) parameters, including but not limited to area under the curve (AUC), maximum plasma concentration (Cmax), trough plasma concentration (Cmin), time to maximum plasma concentration (Tmax), and plasma half-life (T1/2) will be determined.
- Document any observed anti-tumor effects
- Time Frame: Day 1, Day 56 and every 56 days subsequently
- Subjects will be assessed for clinical activity of PT-112 Injection every 2 cycles by appropriate physical examination or computed tomography imaging techniques, using RECIST v1.1; and, where appropriate, informative tumor markers every cycle.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- Pathologically confirmed advanced solid tumor for which standard therapy proven to provide clinical benefit does not exist or is no longer effective. – Eastern Collaborative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status of 0-1. – Progressive disease, either measurable on physical examination or imaging by Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST v1.1) or PCWG3 or by informative tumor marker(s). – Adequate organ function based on laboratory values. – If there is a known history of brain metastases, either treated or untreated, the disease must be stable. – Willing and able to provide written Informed Consent and comply with the requirements of the study. Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Any cytotoxic chemotherapy within 21 days prior to initiation of study drug. – Any immunomodulatory drug therapy, anti-neoplastic hormonal therapy, immunosuppressive therapy, corticosteroids, or growth factor treatment within 14 days prior to initiation of study drug. – Presence of an acute or chronic toxicity of prior chemotherapy, that has not resolved to ≤Grade 1, as determined by CTCAE v 4.0. – Receipt of more than 3 prior regimens of cytotoxic chemotherapy for metastatic disease. – Bone marrow reserve which is not adequate for participation in this trial. – Radiotherapy within 28 days prior to baseline. – Fraction of radiotherapy to >25 % of bone marrow. – Major surgery within 28 days prior to initiation of study drug. – Active bacterial, viral, or fungal infection requiring systemic therapy. – Known human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome related illness. – Clinically significant hearing impairment, as judged by the Principal Investigator. – Uncontrolled cardiovascular abnormalities. – Previous malignancy, except for non-squamous-cell carcinoma of skin or carcinoma in-situ of the uterine cervix, unless the tumor was treated with curative intent more than 2 years prior to study entry.
Gender Eligibility: Male
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Phosplatin Therapeutics
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Daniel D. Karp, MD, Principal Investigator, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Overall Contact(s)
- Jason Summa, (617) 335-1794, email@example.com
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.