The mian purpose of this study is to analysis the imaging changes in 3.0T MRI of lumbar small joints, intervertebral discs, ligaments and muscle in hospital nurses first suffered with low back pain.
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Retrospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: July 2014
Low back pain is a common clinical disease seriously affects the quality of people's lives. And this disease takes up a large proportion in the crowd. Incipient lumbago is hard to diagnose and often hidden morbidity. If early symptoms are ignored by patients, it will greatly influence the quality of life in the future. This study will use 3.0T MRI to distinguish the difference of lumbar small joints, intervertebral discs, ligaments and muscle between the normal and the pain.
Firstly, we recruit nurses with low back pain in one group, with the normal as control. Then the subject will accept 3.0T MRI scanning at the same time. Before scanning we will determine the MRI sequence to make sure the imageis are clear enough. At last, we will analysis the photos in the image processing workstation, reconstruct the anatomical structure in the scanning area. All of this is to find a possible reason or explanation in the occurrence of incipient lumbago through the comparison of two group`s images.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- the structure of lumbar
- Time Frame: 18 months
- research the structure of facet joint,disc,muscle and ligment using quantitative MRI.
- the function of lumbar
- Time Frame: 18 months
- research the function of facet joint,disc,muscle and ligment using quantitative MRI.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
1. Female between 18 and 27 years of age
2. Subject who has worked as a nurse less than three years and will continue working as a nurse no less than one year
3. Back pain has happened more than 2 times In the past 12 months(every time lasts 2 days or more),or never happened
4. Subjects who do not participate any other study concerning pain prevention currently and in the next year
5. According with magnetic resonance inspection standard
6. NO spectical low back pain and no other serious diseases in the other systems
1. Subjects who has a family history of low back pain
2. Subjects who are Suffering from specific low back pain
3. Subjects who are suffering from serious somatic disease and/or psychic disease
4. Subjects who are suffering from chronic pain disease and need long-term use of drug therapy
5. Subjects who are pregnant, planning to have a baby in 1 year or less than 6 months after delivery
6. Subjects who are suffering from chronic cardiac, respiratory, liver and kidney complaint symptomatically
7. Subjects who have had a spinal operation
Gender Eligibility: Female
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 27 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Central South University
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Hongbin Lu, Professor – Central South University
- Overall Official(s)
- Lu Hongbin, M.D. & Ph.D., Principal Investigator, Xiangya Hospital of Central South University
- Overall Contact(s)
- Lu Hongbin, M.D. & Ph.D., 86-0731-84327174, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.