We analyze retrospectively the relationship between traditional cardiovascular risk factors as hypertension, obesity, dislipidemia and diabetes and hand or knee osteoarthritis and we compare the results with a control groups of patients with soft tissue disease with no other rheumatologic condition.
Full Title of Study: “Prevalence of Cardiovascular Risk Factors Between Patients With Knee or Hand Osteoarthritis”
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Retrospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: February 2014
- Other: Cardiovascular risk factors diagnoses collection.
- We look over patient medical record and we collect the diagnoses associated with cardiovascular risk factor as hypertension, obesity, dislipidemia and diabetes.
- Other: History of cardiovascular disease
- In all patient we collect the history of cardiovascular disease.
- Other: Cardiovascular risk factors association
- We have defined two groups according to grouping of none, 1 or 2 cardiovascular risk factors or 3 or more.
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Patients over 50 years who presented to an outpatient rheumatology for 1 year and who had knee osteoarthritis.
- Hand osteoarthritis
- Patients over 50 years who presented to an outpatient rheumatology for 1 year and who had hand osteoarthritis.
- Soft tissue disease
- All patients over 50 years who presented during the same period of time of other cohorts, to an outpatient rheumatology and who had soft tissue disease with no other rheumatic condition.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in hand or knee osteoarthritis patients
- Time Frame: one month
- We analyze the prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in a cohort of knne osteoarthritis and in a cohort of hand osteoarthritis. Then we evaluate the prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in a cohort of soft tissue disease patients. Finally we compare osteoarthritis patients with soft tissue disease patients.
- Prevalence of cardiovascular disease in hand or knee osteoarthritis.
- Time Frame: one month
- We evaluate the prevalence of cardiovascular disease in the three cohorts, hand osteoarthritis, knee osteoarthritis and soft tissue disease; and we compare them.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Patients referred for symptomatic hand or knee osteoarthritis
- All patients referred in the same period for soft tissue disease
- > 50 years old
- Any other rheumatologic condition
- secondary osteoarthritis
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 50 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Hospital Parc Taulí, Sabadell
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Joan Calvet Fontova, Dr – Hospital Parc Taulí, Sabadell
- Overall Official(s)
- jordi Gratacos, MD Ph, Study Director, Hospital Parc Tauli
- Overall Contact(s)
- Joan Calvet, Dr, 0034 937231010, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.