This is an open label, randomised, balanced, two-treatment, two-period, two-sequence, single dose, crossover, oral bioequivalence study.
Full Title of Study: “An Open Label, Balanced, Randomized, Two-treatment, Two-period, Two-sequence, Single Dose, Crossover, Oral Bioequivalence Study in Healthy, Adult, Human Subjects Under Fasting Conditions.”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: August 2010
An open label, balanced, randomized, two-treatment, two-period, two-sequence, single dose, crossover, oral bioequivalence study of Lamotrigine Extended Release tablets 200mg of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited, India comparing with that of LAMICTAL XR(containing Lamotrigine) Extended Release tablets 200mg of GlaxoSmithKline Research Triangle Park, NC in healthy, adult, human subjects under fasting conditions.
- Drug: Lamotrigine
- Lamotrigine Extended Release Tablets, 25mg, 50mg, 100mg, 200mg and 300 mg
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: Lamotrigine Extended Release Tablets
- Lamotrigine Extended Release Tablets, 25 mg, 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg and 300 mgof Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited
- Active Comparator: LAMICTAL XR
- (containing Lamotrigine)Extended Release tablets 200mg of GlaxoSmithKline Research Triangle Park, NC
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Area under curve(AUC)
- Time Frame: Blood samples were withdrawn at predose (0.00) and 2.00, 4.00, 6.00, 8.00, 9.00, 10.00, 12.00, 14.00, 15.50, 17.00, 18.50, 20.00, 21.50, 23.00, 24.50, 26.00, 27.50, 29.00, 36.00, 48.00, 72.00, 96.00, 120.00, 144.00 and 168.00 hours post-dose.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
Subjects were selected based on the following inclusion criteria:
- Provide written informed consent. – Must be healthy, adult, human beings within 18 and 45 years of age (both inclusive) weighing at least 50 kg. – Having a body mass index between 18.5 and 24.9 (both inclusive), calculated as weight in Kg/height in m 2. – Must be of normal health as determined by medical history, physical examination and laboratory investigation performed within 28 days prior to the commencement of the study. (Laboratory values must be within normal limits or considered by the physician / investigator to be of no clinical significance). – Female Subjects – Of child bearing potential practicing an acceptable method of birth control for the duration of the study as judged by the investigator(s), such as condoms, foams, jellies, diaphragm, intrauterine device (IUD), or abstinence. – Surgically sterile (bilateral tubal ligation, bilateral oophorectomy, or hysterectomy has been performed on the subject) Exclusion Criteria The subjects were excluded based on the following criteria during screening and during the study: – Incapable of understanding the informed consent. – Systolic blood pressure less than 90 mm of Hg or more than 140 mm of Hg. – Diastolic blood pressure less than 60 mm of Hg or more than 90 mm of Hg. – Oral temperature is below 95.0°F or above 98.6°F. – Pulse rate below 50/min or above 100/min. – History of hypersensitivity or idiosyncratic reaction to investigational drug product or any other related drugs or its ingredients. – Any evidence of impairment of renal, hepatic, cardiac, lung or gastrointestinal function. – Consumption of grapefruit for the past ten days prior to the check-in, in each period. – Regular smoker who has a habit of smoking more than nine cigarettes per day and has difficulty in abstaining from smoking during sample collection period. – Habit of tobacco chewing. – Habit of alcoholism and difficulty in abstaining from alcohol during the sample collection period. – Difficulty in abstaining from xanthine containing food or beverages (like tea, coffee, chocolates and cola drinks) during the sample collection period. – Intake of over the counter (OTC) or prescribed medications and enzyme modifying medication or systemic medication for the last 30 days before dosing. – Clinically significant abnormalities and / or with significant diseases. – Confirmed positive in alcohol screening. – Confirmed positive in urine cotinine test. – Confirmed positive in selected drug of abuse. – Participated in any other clinical investigation using experimental drug/donated blood in past 90 days before the date of start of study. – Confirmed positive in urine pregnancy test. xx. Female detected to be pregnant, breast feeding or who is likely to become pregnant during the study.
Gender Eligibility: Male
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 45 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Limited
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Srinivas Yadav K, Dr., Principal Investigator, Bioserve Clinical Research Private Limited,
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.