The evaluation will determine professional clinical accuracy comparing the OneTouch® Verio™Pro+ blood glucose results with the YSI 2300 analyzer. "Professional Clinical Accuracy" is defined as accuracy of the system when used by a trained healthcare professional.
Full Title of Study: “A Multi-centre, Open Clinical Evaluation to Determine Professional Clinical Accuracy Comparing the OneTouch® Verio™Pro+ Blood Glucose Results With the YSI 2300 Analyzer.”
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Prospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: October 31, 2012
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- • Obtain professional clinical accuracy data for the OneTouch® Verio™Pro+ blood glucose monitoring meter in comparison with a standard laboratory reference (YSI 2300 glucose analyzer) using a capillary blood sample and a venous sample
- Time Frame: 56days
- August 20,2012~October 14,2012
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Subject is at least 18 years of age.
- Subject has been diagnosed with diabetes mellitus (type 1 or type 2 diabetes)
- Subject agrees to sign two (2) copies each of the Subject Informed Consent Form and to follow the procedures of the study.
- Subject agrees to allow the HCP to perform finger stick for blood glucose test by the meter and the YSI instrument. Up to one retry of finger stick will be needed in the event of insufficient blood collected or test failure.
- Subject agrees to allow the HCP to perform venous puncture for blood glucose test by the meter and the YSI instrument, and for haematocrit (HCT) test. Up to one retry of venous puncture will be needed in the event of insufficient blood collected or test failure.
- Subject agrees to provide demographic and medical history information and give access to medical records where appropriate.
- Subject is currently working for, has previously worked for, or has an immediate family member working for a company manufacturing and/or marketing blood glucose monitoring products.
- Subject has already participated in this study.
- Subject is known pregnant
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Johnson & Johnson Medical, China
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Yongde Peng, Professor, Principal Investigator, Shanghai General Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine
- Fengling Chen, Professor, Principal Investigator, Shanghai Jiaotong University, medical school affiliated Third People’s Hospital
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.