It is always considered to shorten the duration of delivery without compromising the mother and fetus by obstetrics. Hyoscine and Promethazine are used widely in hospital and research is very limited, with conflicting results regarding the efficacy of these two drugs. So the investigators decided to compare of effect of hyoscine N-butyl bromide and Promethazine on length of active phase of the first stage of labor.
Full Title of Study: “Principal Investigator”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Masking: Double (Participant, Investigator)
- Study Primary Completion Date: March 2011
- Drug: Hyoscine
- The samples were randomly allocated to inject of 20 mg of hyoscineIM in dilatation 3-5cm.
- Drug: Promethazine
- The samples were randomly allocated to inject of 25 mg of promethazine IM in dilatation 3-5cm.
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: Promethazine
- 25 mg of promethazine
- Experimental: Hyoscine
- 20 mg of hyoscine
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Effect of Hyoscine and Promethazine on labor pain
- Time Frame: up to 9 months
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- 18-35 yrs, – primiparous, – having single fetus with cephalic presentation, gestational age 37-42 weeks, – having no medical diseases, – having no history of hospitalization due to psychological diseases, – having no addiction to cigarette, – having no complications during pregnancy such as hypertension, – BMI< 26 Exclusion Criteria:
- bleeding – CPD – use of PG or Oxytocin – fetus distress
Gender Eligibility: Female
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 35 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Principal Investigator: Samira Ebrahimzadeh Zagami, School of Nursing & Midwifery – Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.