Objective: to compare the single dose bioavailability of Torrent's Losartan Potassium and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets 1 × 100/25mg and Hyzaar® Tablets 1 × 100/25mg of Merck & Co., Inc. Study Design: Randomized, Two-Way Crossover, Single-Dose, Open-Label in 70 healthy human adult subjects
Full Title of Study: “An Open Label, Randomized, 2-Period, 2-Treatment, Crossover, Single-Dose Bioequivalence Study of Fixed Dose Combination (FDC) of Losartan Potassium and Hydrochlorothiazide (100 mg / 25 mg Tablet) [Test Formulation, Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd., India] Versus Hyzaar® (100 mg / 25 mg Tablet) [Reference Formulation, Merck & Co., Inc., USA] in Healthy Human Volunteers Under Fasting Conditions.”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Drug: Losartan Potassium and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Bioequivalence based AUC parameters
- Bioequivalence based on Cmax
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- The volunteers were excluded from the study based on the following criteria: – Sex: male. – Age: 18 – 45 years. . – Volunteer with BMI of 18-27 (inclusive both) kg/m2 with minimum of 50 kg weight. – Healthy and willing to participate in the study. – Volunteer willing to adhere to the protocol requirements and to provide written informed consent. – Non-smokers or smoker who smokes less than 10 cigarettes per day Exclusion Criteria:
- The volunteers were excluded from the study based on the following criteria: – Clinically relevant abnormalities in the results of the laboratory screening evaluation. – Clinically significant abnormal ECG or Chest X-ray. – Systolic blood pressure less than 100 mm Hg or more than 140 mm Hg and diastolic blood pressure less than 60 mm Hg or more than 90 mm Hg. – Pulse rate less than 50/minute or more than 100/minute. – Oral temperature less than 95°P or more than 98.6°P. – Respiratory rate less than 12/minute or more than 20/minute – History of allergy to the test drug or any drug chemically similar to the drug under investigation. – History of alcohol or drug abuse – Positive breath alcohol test – Recent history of kidney or liver dysfunction. – History of consumption of prescribed medication since last 14 days or OTC medication since last 07 days before beginning of the study. – Volunteers suffering from any chronic illness such as arthritis, asthma etc. – History of heart failure. – HIV, HCV, HBsAg positive volunteers. – Opiate, tetra hydrocannabinol, amphetamine, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, Cocaine positive volunteers based on urine test. – Volunteers suffering from any psychiatric (acute or chronic) illness requiring medications. – Administration of any study drug in the period 0 to 3 months before entry to the study. – History of significant blood loss due to any reason, including blood donation in the past 3 months. – History of pre-existing bleeding disorder. – Existence of any surgical or medical condition, which, in the judgment of the chief investigator and/or clinical investigator/physician, might interfere with the absorption, distribution, metabolism or excretion of the drug or likely to compromise the safety of volunteers. – Inability to communicate or co-operate due to language problem, poor mental development or impaired cerebral function.
Gender Eligibility: Male
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 45 Years
- Lead Sponsor
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.