This is randomised, controlled study about effects of acupuncture on blood pressure and endothelial dysfunction in stage I hypertension patient without medication. Subject will receive 8 weeks of either acupuncture or sham acupuncture, measuring FMD and blood test before and after treatment.
Full Title of Study: “Effects of Acupuncture at ST36 and PC6 on Blood Pressure and Endothelial”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: Single (Participant)
- Study Primary Completion Date: June 2010
- Procedure: acupuncture
- acupuncture group : subject will undergo 20minute sessions twice a week for 8weeks. Disposable acupuncture needle(4cm sterilized stainless steel) will be inserted up to 1 cm depth sham acupuncture group : subject will undergo 20 minute. Disposable acupuncture needle(4cm sterilized stainless steel) will be inserted under 1 cm slightly.
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: traditional acupuncture
- Procedure : ST 36 and PC 6 are selected, subject will undergo 20minute sessions twice a week for 8weeks. Disposable acupuncture needle(4cm sterilized stainless steel) will be inserted up to 1 cm depth
- Sham Comparator: sham acupuncture
- Procedure : Beside 1cm of ST 36 and PC 6 are selected( not meridian point), subject will undergo 20 minute. Disposable acupuncture needle(4cm sterilized stainless steel) will be inserted under 1 cm slightly.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- To assess effects of acupuncture on endothelial function with FMD variation after 8 weeks treatments.
- Time Frame: 8 weeks
- To examine the effects of acupuncture on blood pressure, lipid , hsCRP level variation with ABPM after 8 weeks treatments.
- Time Frame: 8 weeks
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Patients age 18-70 diagnosed stage I hypertension ( JNC-7) without taking hypertensive medication
- Secondary hypertension
- History of cardiovascular disease
- Taking hypertensive medication
- Taking hyperlipidemic medication
- Pregnancy or feeding woman
- Cannot follow indication or there is no agreement of patient and conservator
- Investigator decide Inappropriate to trial
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 70 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Kyunghee University Medical Center
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Oriental Medicine of Stroke & Neurological Disorders Center, Oriental Medicine of Stroke & Neurological Disorders Center
- Overall Official(s)
- SeongUk Park, OMD, Principal Investigator, Oriental medicine center of Stroke and Neurology
- Overall Contact(s)
- Hyemi Kim, OMD, +82/2/440/8558, email@example.com
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.