Middle and inner ear malformations on two boys with velocardiofacial syndrome are discussed.Special attention should be given to the presence of hearing loss due to middle and inner ear malformations, in addition to frequent conductive hearing loss regarding mastoid and middle ear inflammatory processes.
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Prospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: March 2007
Two boys with clinical signs of velocardiofacial syndrome, at ages of 4.7 and 6,7 years old are the subjects of this study.Audiological evaluation, including pure tone audiometry, tympanometry, acoustical reflex, and Computerized Tomography of temporal bones, and analyses of DNA sample with markers of 22q11 region were performed.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Subjects with velocardiofacial syndrome
Gender Eligibility: Male
Minimum Age: N/A
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Pontificia Universidade Catolica de Sao Paulo
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Alfredo Tabith Junior, Pontificia Universidade Catolica de São Paulo
- Overall Official(s)
- Alfredo Tabith-Junior, MD, Principal Investigator, Pontificia Universidade Católica de São Paulo
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.