The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of FM-602 as a bowel preparation before colonoscopy.
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
- Masking: Single (Investigator)
- Study Primary Completion Date: December 2008
- Drug: FM-602
- Study of Efficacy of Bowel Preparation Before Colonoscopy
- Drug: Marketed Bowel Cleanser
- Marketed bowel cleanser
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: 1
- Other: 2
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Effectiveness of bowel cleansing assessed by the examining physician
- Time Frame: During colonoscopy
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Are men or nonpregnant women who are scheduled for an elective colonoscopy and who are at least 18 years of age, – Are, in the opinion of the Investigator, able to communicate with study personnel and comply with the requirements of the study, – Are able and willing to follow the study-specified testing including the diet and hydration regimen, and – Have been informed of the nature and risks of the study and have given written informed consent at Screening and before any study-related tests are done. Exclusion Criteria:
- Have any known contraindications to the study procedures or treatment, – Have clinically significant active cardiovascular disease, including a history of myocardial infarction, within the past 6 months and/or heart failure – Have known or suspected electrolyte abnormalities, gastrointestinal obstruction, gastric retention, bowel perforation, toxic colitis, toxic megacolon, or ileus, – Have any history of prior colon surgery, – History of active inflammatory bowel disease, – Have clinical evidence of dehydration, – Are pregnant or breast-feeding, – Are unwilling to abstain from alcohol consumption from the day before colonoscopy until discharged from the study, – Are unwilling to use any prohibited medications, including laxatives, 4 days before receiving the first study dose, – Have received any investigational agent within 30 days before dosing, – Have any known or suspected allergies, sensitivity or an unwillingness to consume components of the study medication, – Known or suspected phenylketonuria (PKU) or sensitivity to products containing phenylalanine, or is on a phenylalanine-reduced diet, – A history of hemolysis or taking concomitant medications known to precipitate hemolytic reactions, – Have any other condition which in the Investigator's opinion would make the subject unsuitable for inclusion into the study.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- C.B. Fleet Company, Inc.
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Sherrie McNamara, RN, MSN, MBA, Study Director, C.B. Fleet Company, Inc.
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.