This is a prospective study to evaluate outcomes in patients undergoing endoscopic craniectomy for isolated, single-suture craniosynostosis.
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Prospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: July 2009
- Procedure: Endoscopic strip craniectomy
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Sagittal synostosis
- Male and female infants from 1-6 months of age with isolated, single suture sagittal craniosynostosis.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Infants 1 to 6 months of age with isolated, single-suture craniosynostosis. Exclusion Criteria:
- Multiple suture craniosynostosis and infants older than 6 months of age.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 1 Month
Maximum Age: 6 Months
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- University of Utah
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Faizi Siddiqi, M.D., Principal Investigator, University of Utah
- Overall Official(s)
- Faizi Siddiqu, MD, Principal Investigator, University of Utah
Obrien MO, Johnson M: Craniosynostosis, in Youmans JR (ed): Neurological Surgery, Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1990, Vol 2, p 1328.
HAAS LL. Roentgenological skull measurements and their diagnostic applications. Am J Roentgenol Radium Ther Nucl Med. 1952 Feb;67(2):197-209.
Lannelongue M. De la craniectomie dans la microcephalie. Compt Rend Seances Acad Sci 50:1382-1385, 1890.
Lane LC. Pioneer craniectomy for the relief of mental imbecility due to premature sutural closure and microcephalus. JAMA 18:49-50, 1892.
Panchal J, Marsh JL, Park TS, Kaufman B, Pilgram T, Huang SH. Sagittal craniosynostosis outcome assessment for two methods and timings of intervention. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1999 May;103(6):1574-84.
Jimenez DF, Barone CM. Endoscopic craniectomy for early surgical correction of sagittal craniosynostosis. J Neurosurg. 1998 Jan;88(1):77-81.
Jimenez DF, Barone CM, McGee ME, Cartwright CC, Baker CL. Endoscopy-assisted wide-vertex craniectomy, barrel stave osteotomies, and postoperative helmet molding therapy in the management of sagittal suture craniosynostosis. J Neurosurg. 2004 May;100(5 Suppl Pediatrics):407-17.
Murad GJ, Clayman M, Seagle MB, White S, Perkins LA, Pincus DW. Endoscopic-assisted repair of craniosynostosis. Neurosurg Focus. 2005 Dec 15;19(6):E6.
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.