The purposes of this study are to examine the needs (symptoms, support, information) and satisfaction of women during follow-up in the community after completing treatment for endometrial cancer. This information will be collected from the perspective of the women themselves, their primary care providers (family physician or gynecologist) and the health care providers (oncologist, nurses, social worker, psychologist) at the cancer centre.
Full Title of Study: “Follow-up After Primary Therapy for Endometrial Cancer; Implementation of a Cancer Care Ontario Guideline: A Pilot Evaluation Study.”
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Retrospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: September 2009
Research Question How has this transfer in follow-up care impacted performance indicators? – Volume of follow-up care transferred – Percentage of women, who have required a re-entry consultation – Fiscal implication of this transfer of follow-up care Patient stakeholders: – What are women's perceptions of the transition of follow-up care? – What are women's supportive care needs during the transition of follow-up care and ongoing needs? Primary Care Practitioner stakeholders: – What are the primary care practitioners' perceptions of the process of transition of follow-up care? – What are the primary care practitioners' educational needs? – What are the primary care practitioners' perceptions of the process of re-entry for in women with suspected recurrence? Tertiary Centre: Health care providers stakeholders o What are the perceptions of tertiary health care providers about the transition of follow-up care?
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Qualitative description of participants perception
- Time Frame: after 6 month
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Participants- women diagnosed with endometrial cancer: – 18 years of age or older. – speak English or French – who have been treated (surgery and/or radiation therapy) at TOH. – who have been discharged from follow-up in the cancer centre in the past 6 months. – Participants-primary care provider practitioner: – providing follow-up care to at least one woman with endometrial cancer – Participants- health care providers at the tertiary centre : – physicians, nurses or allied health care providers whose primary responsibility are to provide care to women with gynecological cancer. Exclusion Criteria:
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
- Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.