This study was completed in October 2006. No further participates are being recruited.
Full Title of Study: “Tolerance of Increased Infusion Rates of Intravenous Fat Emulsions in Very Low Birth Weight Infants During the First Week of Life”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: October 2006
- Drug: INTRALIPIDS
- INTRAVENOUS FAT EMULSIONS
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- All infants who are Appropriate for Gestational Age at Birth and who have a birthweight between 750-1500 grams will be enrolled in this study.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: N/A
Maximum Age: 1 Day
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- OSF Healthcare System
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Dr. Kamlesh S. Macwan, Neonatalogist, Children’s Hospital of Illinois at OSF-Saint Francis Medical Center
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.