Relationship between HPV infection and cervical cancer is well established. Among the HPV types identified to date, 15 are classified as high risk HPV (HR-HPV). Detection of HR-HPV has been proposed to optimize cervical cancer screening.
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: N/A
- Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Study Primary Completion Date: February 2013
A prospective detection and quantification of HR-HPV in patients with proven CIN1 will be performed. Relationship between HR-HPV initial viral load and the CIN1 persistence will be evaluated.
- Procedure: A cervico-vaginal cervical smear
- 12 and 18 months after inclusion, a cervico-vaginal cervical smear will be realized and a new examination colposcopique with a new cervical taking for the search(research) and the detection of the HPV 16 and 18.
Arms, Groups and Cohorts
- Experimental: 1
- A cervico-vaginal cervical smear will be realized before every colposcopique examination. A new cervical taking for the search(research) and the detection of the HPV 16 and 18 will be realized.
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- The detection and the quantification of the DNA of the human oncogènes papillomavirus of type 16 and 18
- Time Frame: 48 months
- The detection of the markers of the integration of the genome of the human oncogenes papillomavirus (targeted at the gene E2)
- Time Frame: 48 months
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- The women whose last one FCV of screening put in evidence a LIEBG of the neck of the womb having been confirmed by the colposcopie.
- The inclusive patients will be of more than 18 years old. All the patients will be profitable of a regime of Social Security.
- The patients whose result of the colposcopie is clashing with that of the FCV of initial screening (normal collar, LIEHG or the other one).
- The patients having an antecedent of DREGS of the neck of the womb, that this one was or not handled
- The patients having had a hysterectomy.
- The patients incapable to receive the information enlightened on the progress and the objectives of the study
- The patients not having signed enlightened assent
Gender Eligibility: Female
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 65 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Assistance Publique Hopitaux De Marseille
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Xavier CARCOPINO, MD, Principal Investigator, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Marseille
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.