This study will investigate the influence of MK0859 on ambulatory blood pressure, and how safe and tolerable MK0859 is on the subjects This is an early phase trial and some specific protocol information is in progress and not publicly available at this time. (Full information is available to trial participants).
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Primary Completion Date: September 2006
- Drug: MK0859
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- You are between the ages of 45-75
- You are a man or non-pregnant woman
- You agree to not eat or drink fruit or fruit juices (orange, apple or grapefruit) for 2 weeks before starting study medication
- You have smoked or used other nicotine-containing products (chewing tobacco) within the last 6 months
- You have used St. John's Wort or any products that include it within the last 2 weeks
- You have used herbal, organic, dietary or nutritional remedies within the last 2 weeks
- You have a history of drug allergies (anaphylaxis, angioedema)
- You have taken an investigational drug in another clinical trial within the last 4 weeks
- You have a history of cardiovascular disease including hypertension (high blood pressure)
- You have a history of renal disease
- You have a history of gall bladder disease or have had abnormal liver function tests
- You have a history of drug or alcohol abuse
- You drink more than 6 cups of caffeinated beverages a day (coffee, tea or cola)
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 45 Years
Maximum Age: 75 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Medical Monitor, Study Director, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.