We, the investigators at Holstebro Hospital, want to test the hypothesis that eprosartan reduces the activity of the sympathetic nervous system in healthy individuals – during baseline conditions and after activation of the sympathetic nervous system.
Full Title of Study: “The Effect of Eprosartan on Vasoactive Hormones and Renal Tubular Function in Healthy Humans.”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
- Masking: Double
- Drug: Eprosartan
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Heart rate
- Fractional sodium excretion
- Plasma levels of noradrenaline
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Both genders.
- Age 18 – 65 years.
- Body mass index less or equal to 30 kg/m2.
- Women must use oral hormonal anticonception, use intrauterine anticonceptive device, be sterilized/hysterectomized or be postmenopausal.
- History or clinical signs of heart, lung, kidney, or endocrine organ disease.
- Abnormal biochemical screening of the blood regarding: B-hemoglobin, P-sodium, P-potassium, P-creatinine, P-albumin, P-bilirubin, P-alanine aminotransferase, P-alkaline phosphatase, P-cholesterol, and B-glucose.
- Abnormal screening of the urine regarding: albumin and glucose
- Malignant disease.
- Known arterial hypertension or measured 24 hour blood pressure above 135 mmHg systolic or 85 mmHg diastolic.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Drug use or abuse.
- Known intolerance or allergy to eprosartan or sodium nitroprusside.
- Blood donation within 1 month of the start of the study.
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 65 Years
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Regional Hospital Holstebro
- Overall Official(s)
- Erling B Pedersen, MD, professor, Study Chair, Department of Medical Research, Holstebro Hospital, Denmark
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.