Aging is an independent risk factor, without any clear explanation. The primary aim of the study is to depict the effect of aging on the coagulation fibrinolysis parameters and microparticles.
Full Title of Study: “Identifying Morphological and Biological Biomarkers of the Venous Thromboembolic Risk Risk Related to Aging”
- Study Type: Observational
- Study Design
- Time Perspective: Prospective
- Study Primary Completion Date: August 2006
Patients older than 40, without any acute disease and not receiving any antiaggregant and anticoagulant therapy will be included in the study. Blood tests will be performed for coagulation, fibrinolysis and microparticles measurement.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- age <40 2 groups : 1 : no history of VTE 2 : history of VTE
- antiaggregant or anticoagulant therapy at curative dose
- arterial or thrombotic event in the last month
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 40 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Lead Sponsor
- Hopital Lariboisière
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Pr Isabelle MAHE, Hopital Lariboisière
- Overall Official(s)
- isabelle mahé, MD PhD, Principal Investigator, MCU-PH
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.