The purpose of this study is to determine whether tifacogin is effective and safe in the treatment of patients with severe community-acquired pneumonia.
Full Title of Study: “Tifacogin (Recombinant Tissue Factor Pathway Inhibitor) for the Treatment of Patients With Severe Community-Acquired Pneumonia”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: Double
- Study Primary Completion Date: July 2008
- Drug: Tifacogin
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- Compare the effect of tifacogin vs placebo administration.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: N/A
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Provider of Information About this Clinical Study
- Overall Official(s)
- Novartis, Study Director, Novartis
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.