The primary objective is to assess the long term safety and tolerability of sumanirole as measured by safety labs, ECG monitoring, vital signs, and adverse event reports in subjects with Parkinson's Disease who participated in previous sumanirole studies.
Full Title of Study: “Open-Label, Long Term, Flexible Dose Study Of Safety, Tolerability, And Therapeutic Response In Patients With Parkinson’s Disease.”
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Non-Randomized
- Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Drug: sumanirole
Clinical Trial Outcome Measures
- The primary objective is to assess the long term safety and tolerability of sumanirole by measuring Safety labs, ECG monitoring, vital signs and adverse events, over a period of up to 4 years.
- Pharmacoeconomics, quality of life, and the long term therapeutic response associated with sumanirole by using Parts II and III of the UPDRS (Unified Parkinson’s Disease Rating Scale).
- Part II — Activities of Daily Living, will be collected in order to record the patient’s level of function between visits.
- Part III will be used to evaluate motor function.
- Three quality of life instruments will be employed: a general scale–the Functional Status Questionnaire, a disease specific scale–the Parkinson’s Disease Questionnaire, and a utility scale–the EuroQol.
Participating in This Clinical Trial
- Idiopathic Parkinson's disease
- Modified Hoehn and Yahr Scale Stages 1-4
- Age over 30 years
- Previous participation in prior sumanirole studies
- Use of dopamine agonist medications and other medications in defined timeframe
- Unstable dose of CNS active therapies (eg, hypnotics, antidepressants, anxiolytics) within the last 30 days
- Atypical Parkinson's syndromes due to drugs, metabolic disorders, encephalitis, or degenerative diseases
- History of active epilepsy within the past year
- Significant liver disease with defined laboratory criteria
- Significant renal disease with defined laboratory criteria
- Certain cardiac conditions
- Electroconvulsive therapy in the previous 90 days
- Subjects participating in other drug studies or receiving other investigational drugs within previous 30 days
- Positive pregnancy test at Screen
- Unwillingness to use adequate contraceptive methods
- Lactating women
- History of stereotaxic brain surgery
- Malignant melanoma or history of treated melanoma
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 30 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Overall Official(s)
- Pfizer CT.gov Call Center, Study Director, Pfizer
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.