The purposes of this study are to determine:
1. If treatment with LY900003 plus gemcitabine and cisplatin can help you live longer, compared with gemcitabine and cisplatin alone.
2. The safety of LY900003 plus gemcitabine and cisplatin and any side effects that might be associated with the combination of these three drugs.
3. Whether LY900003 plus gemcitabine and cisplatin can make your tumor smaller or disappear, and for how long, compared with gemcitabine and cisplatin alone.
It is possible that information collected during this study will be analyzed by the sponsor in the future to evaluate LY900003 plus gemcitabine and cisplatin for other possible uses or for other medical or scientific purposes other than those currently proposed.
LY900003 may not add any benefit to gemcitabine plus cisplatin.
- Study Type: Interventional
- Study Design
- Allocation: Randomized
- Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose: Treatment
- Masking: None (Open Label)
- Drug: LY900003
Participating in This Clinical Trial
1. Stage IIIB or IV non-small lung cancer
2. Able to visit the doctor's office
3. At least 18 years of age
4. Adequate kidney, adrenal, and liver function
1. Prior chemotherapy or biologic therapy for NSCLC
2. Central nervous system tumors
3. Pregnant or breastfeeding
Gender Eligibility: All
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Are Healthy Volunteers Accepted: No
- Lead Sponsor
- Eli Lilly and Company
Clinical trials entries are delivered from the US National Institutes of Health and are not reviewed separately by this site. Please see the identifier information above for retrieving further details from the government database.